Request a Quote •
Luxury Vehicles •
Motorhomes, RVs •
Driving in France
The section below is a sample of what will be printed on your car hire/rental voucher.
- Voucher number;
- Car rental agency name (examples: 'Avis', 'Europcar', 'Hertz', 'Sixt', etc.) and reservation number;
- Auto Europe logo, street address, phone & fax numbers, toll-free service number;
- Travel agent information (if applicable) - 'Discover France';
- Car rental details. Example: [EDMR Basic Rental with Insurances, CDW, THP Renault Clio or similar Economy 4 Door Car, Manual, with A/C];
- Rental Period;
- Currency, Base Rate, Discounts, Special Charges, and Return Fee (if any), Adjusted Total, Payment Received & Payment Date;
- Driver Information (name, number of passengers);
- Pick-up Information (agency, location, your flight info [if applicable], agency phone & fax numbers, hours of operation, scheduled date & time of pick-up);
- Drop-off Information (agency, location, your flight info [if applicable], agency phone & fax numbers, hours of operation, scheduled date & time of drop-off);
- Comments and/or special request(s);
- What is included in the rental (taxes, unlimited km/mi., fire insurance, vehicle theft protection, insurance deductible(s) [if any])
- What is excluded in the rental (injuries to driver & passengers, fuel/gas, vehicle license fee [€3/day to a maximum of €24], location surcharge of €37.50 for rentals commencing at an airport or railway station, highway tolls or fees/travel stickers).
This is an important notice to make your car rental a smooth experience.
In order to provide you with the most transparent information on the price of your car rental services, we have listed on your voucher what the price paid to Auto Europe includes and what it does not include. Terms and conditions vary by country, so we have listed any local fees that you might be liable to pay to the car rental company at time of vehicle collection. These are the only mandatory fees or services you are required to pay locally to the car rental company.
The actual car rental company listed on your voucher might give you the option to purchase equipment (such as a GPS unit, child safety seat, etc.), a pre-paid tank of gas or additional insurances. Unless they are listed as mandatory on your voucher, these items are optional and you may choose to purchase them or not. If you are unsure or require further information, you should contact us at the time of vehicle pick-up on our toll-free number, 24 hours a day, as listed below (under Terms and Conditions). Auto Europe cannot accept liability for items purchased locally.
At time of pick-up, we strongly recommend that you check to make sure the condition of the vehicle is adequately reflected on the rental agreement and that any pre-existing damage is indicated. If you expect to be delayed for the pick-up of the vehicle, you should contact us to ensure that your vehicle can be confirmed after the scheduled time.
It is your responsibility to be aware of the local driving laws and local tolls or stickers required for any country to which you are traveling. Again, you can call Auto Europe on our toll-free number at any time for advice and assistance.
We wish you safe travels and hope you enjoy your car rental.
Terms and Conditions
Auto Europe has arranged your rental with the car rental company shown on the voucher after your payment of the services. Auto Europe is independent, not an agent for any particular car rental company. This voucher confirms your reservation with this rental company. The voucher is not a rental agreement. When you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental agreement provided by the rental company and subject to local laws. Auto Europe cannot be held responsible if you do not meet the car rental company's requirements to rent a vehicle, or it you do not have available all the necessary documentation. Additional fees may apply for rental service beyond the usual hours of operation. All car rates are guaranteed in U.S. Dollars, all local fees are billed in local currency.
- Auto Europe does not provide insurance. Coverage is provided by the rental company, as indicated. Additional coverage may be available for purchase from the rental company. Insurance does not provide coverage for damage to windows, wheels, tires, roof, underside or interior of the vehicle.
- The local supplier will require a security deposit to be blocked on the primary driver's credit card for the duration of the rental. Contact Auto Europe for exceptions. Drivers license must be held for a minimum of 2 years (some exceptions may apply).
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) is strongly recommended. Auto Europe can help you to obtain one.
- Optional equipment items are on a request basis only, for an additional fee. Drop-off charges, if applicable, are estimates only and may change without notice.
- Reservations may be extended without penalty by contacting Auto Europe before the expiration of the rental period.
- Reservations made on an Internet Rate are subject to a cancellation fee of $75 USD, if cancelled within 3 days of pick-up. There will be no refund in the event of cancellation after the scheduled date and time of pick-up.
- There will be no refund for unused days.
- The rental invoice may only show the balance due on delivery. This assures that you will not pay unnecessary surcharges.
- Vehicle Deliveries and/or Collections are available on a request basis only, for an additional fee.
- Minimum driver age 25. Additional drivers sign on and pay locally.
- TOLL-FREE NUMBER FROM FRANCE: 00-800-22-35-55-55.
- Cars are not permitted to travel into Eastern Europe or any African country (i.e. Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, etc.). Vehicles may not travel on ferries and/or to Island locations without pre-approval from Auto Europe.
- All rentals are based on 24-hour periods with a 3-day minimum rental. A full day is charged for any portion of a day that the vehicle is used.
- Auto Europe strongly advises client to check if car is DIESEL or REGULAR GASOLINE at pick-up.
- 5-, 6- & 7-day rentals constitute a weekly rate; any rental duration longer or shorter than 5-7 days is calculated on a daily basis.
- While you can use a debit card to pay for your reservation through Auto Europe, cash deposits, Maestro, Switch and debit cards are rarely accepted locally, so please be sure to check with our agents at time of reservation if you require this facility.
- If paid by credit card, the local supplier may ask you to present the credit card used as payment to Auto Europe for identification purposes. The last 4 digits of the credit card used as payment are shown above.